Directed by: David Gregory
Country: USA, 2014
Running Time: 100 minutes + Extras
"AN INSTANT CLASSIC... RIDICULOUSLY ENTERTAINING & ENDLESSLY FASCINATING" - FANGORIA
In 1995, visionary writer/director Richard Stanley (HARDWARE, DUST DEVIL) got the green light for his dream project: An epic adaptation of H.G. Wells' THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU starring Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer. But only days into production, an unprecedented storm of natural disasters , monstrous egos and disturbing imagery - along with chaos, insanity and witchcraft - would trigger perhaps the most infamous behind-the-scenes catastrophe in modern movie history. Now director/producer David Gregory (THE THEATRE BIZARRE, PLAGUE TOWN) reveals the untold story behind "one of the all-time greatest cinematic train wrecks" (Variety) in this "wonderfully weird and gripping" (Entertainment Weekly) documentary featuring never-before-seen footage, startling new interviews with actors Fairuza Balk, Marco Hofschneider and Rob Morrow, studio executives, crew members and - for the first time ever - the notoriously reclusive Stanley himself, plus nearly 2 hours of bonus features.
"INCREDIBLY ENTERTAINING, LAUGH-OUT-LOUD FUNNY,
AND THOROUGHLY RIVETING. A MUST-SEE"
- Outtakes - Interviews with Richard Stanley, Marco Hofschneider, Graham Humphreys and others
- Graham Humphreys concept Gallery, with Commentary by Richard Stanley
- Archive Moreau Interview with John Frankenheimer
- Barbara Steele Recalls Moreau - Audio Interview
- The Beast of Morbido - Featurette
- The Hunt for the Compound - Featurette
- Bear Man Diary - Featurette
Richard Stanley, Fairuza Balk, Marco Hofschneider, Graham Humphreys, Robert Shaye, Edward R. Pressman, Rob Morrow.