Directed by: Jess Franco
Country: France / Spain (1972)
Running Time: 74 minutes + Extras
"Transcending the eroticism of the Hammer Films, Spanish film maniac Jess Franco (Vampyros Lesbos; Venus in Furs) invites you to strip nude and make it with the monsters..."
- Stephen Thrower, author Murderous Passions: The Films of Jess Franco
Cagliostro, an immortal magician with fearsome hypnotic powers, sends his murderous assistant Melissa (half woman, half bird) to kill Dr. Frankenstein and steal his Monster. He commands the creature to abduct young women whose bodies will provide material for a female counterpart: the two monsters will then copulate, creating a master race of slaves under Cagliostro's mesmeric control! Bending man, woman and monster to his terrifying will, Cagliostro rules an empire of passion in his castle by the sea, a place where lust and cruelty meet strange supernatural forces. As the police question the deceased Dr. Frankenstein by reviving him with his monster apparatus, his scientist daughter Vera falls under Cagliostro's spell and agrees to build the female monster: can anything now stop the wicked mesmerist from ruling the world?
Starring Howard Vernon, Dennis Price and Anne Libert, The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein is the wildest and weirdest monster movie of them all: an erotically charged horror comic come to life!
- Original 74 minute French ‚Äúnude‚ÄĚ version with choice of French or English audio and optional English subtitles
- Alternate 85 minute Spanish language ‚Äúclothed‚ÄĚ version with additional Lina Romay inserts and optional English subtitles
- The Rites of Franco - Featurette with Murderous Passions author Stephen Thrower
- French trailer
- Original French poster art sleeve
- Outtakes and Trims (Silent)
Denis Price, Howard Vernon, Anne Libert, Britt Nichols [Carmen Yazalde], Albert Dalbes Luis Barboo, Daniel J. White, Beatrice Savon, Fred Harrisson, Jes√ļs Franco.