We still have stock of the limited postcard edition, signed by director Ashley Thorpe.
Directed by: Ashley Thorpe
Country: UK, 2017
Running Time: 73 minutes + 6 hours of extras!
Region: All Regions. Plays worldwide.
The Most Haunted House in England
When Daily Mirror journalist V C Wall (Reece Shearsmith) calls upon the services of famed paranormal investigator Harry Price (Jonathan Rigby) to investigate supernatural 'goings on' at a Victorian mansion in Essex, little does he realise that he will set into motion a story that will fascinate and confound the world. 'Borley Rectory' is the true story of Price's investigation and the legends that came to haunt all those involved.
Borley Rectory is an animated documentary chronicling what came to be known as 'The most haunted house in England'. The legends attached to the rectory and famed paranormal investigator Harry Price's subsequent investigations of them, caught the public's imagination during the 1930s, in time becoming one of the world's most notorious ghost stories
and influencing Shirley Jackson's 'The Haunting of Hill House' and Richard Matheson's 'Hell House.'
"For fans of the supernatural, Borley Rectory is a MUST SEE"
- Diabolique Magazine
This release of Borley Rectory has inspired Usborne Publishing to re-release their classic "The World of the Unknown: All About Ghosts" book, which was a huge influence on director Ashley Thorpe and actor Reece Shearsmith, who has written an introduction to the new edition. The book can be ordered here.
Without resorting to jump scares or other â€˜modernâ€™ tricks, Thorpe manages to build an atmosphere of dread in which the merest shadow can send a shiver down the spine.
If only every release had this wealth of added value; Nucleus Films need to be applauded for going all-in for here. On the quality of the extras alone, Borley Rectory is in the running for Blu-ray of the year. â€“ Starburst Magazine
OVER SIX HOURS OF EXTRAS!
- 5.1 DTS / 2.0 PCM
- Optional English Subtitles
- Audio Commentary 1: Ashley Thorpe and Kevin Lyons (EoFF)
- Audio Commentary 2: Horror Historian Johnny Mains
- Ultrasound of a Haunting: The Making of Borley Rectory (105 mins)
- Haunted Generation: The Legacy of Usborne's World of the Unknown Children's Book Series (32 mins)
- The History of Borley Rectory: The Most Haunted House in England (with Stewart Evans, Paul Adams and Eddie Brazil) (60 mins)
- Anatomy of a Scene: Animating Borley Rectory (10 mins)
- Celluloid Screams: On Stage Q&A with Ashley Thorpe & Nicholas Vince (32 mins)
- At the Mercy of Ghosts: In Conversation with Stephen Volk (30 mins)
- Night Visions: Borley Rectory in Helsinki (24 mins)
- Reece Shearsmith & Jonathan Rigby: Q&A at the British Library (17 mins)
- Grimmfest Interview (11 mins)
- Conjuring the Spirits: Making the Borley Rectory Ouija (10 mins)
- 2 x Teaser Trailers
- Plus Ashley Thorpe's Early Short Films:
- Harry Price and the Martian Lighthouse (5 mins)
- Scayrecrow (12 mins)
- The Hairy Hands (12 mins)
- Screaming Skull (10 mins)
Jonathan Rigby, Reece Shearsmith, Claire Louise Amias, Annabel Bates, Nicholas Vince, Steve Furst, Stephanie Walls, Sara Dee, Richard Strange, Virge Gilchrist, Edward Berry, Sabrina Dickens, Julian Sands (narrator).
Borley Rectory - Trailer from NucleusFilms on Vimeo.